SPACE AVAILABLE FOR COMMUNITY USE AT RALPH THORNTON CENTRE
What space is available for community or private use at the Ralph Thornton Centre?
The Ralph Thornton Centre (RTC) is a community resource operated for the benefit of the whole community within the catchment area. We make rooms and equipment available to the community as part of our mission to be a place where “neighbours meet, enjoy programs, exchange support and celebrate special events”, and in keeping with our vision “to be a cornerstone of the neighbourhood that brings together diverse communities”.
The space available for community use is:
1. The Auditorium: (capacity 150 people, standing 130 with alcohol) suitable for large meetings, exercise programs, social events, and small theatrical events.
2. Program space: We have space suitable for various community programs – educational, social, cultural, exercise etc. Please contact us for details.
3. Meeting space: We have space suitable for small and large meetings. Please contact us for details.
Ralph Thornton Centre is open for community use seven days a week, except public holidays.
Space is available for use Monday – Sunday 9.00 a.m. – 9.00 p.m.
You can make arrangements to use the space outside these hours. Please ask for details when you apply for space.
Who can apply to use space?
You can apply as an individual or on behalf of a group or business.
You can apply to use space for a one-off event, or for an event (or program, or meeting) that takes place regularly over a period of time.
Space is available on a first come, first served basis.
What does it cost?
Ralph Thornton Community Centre updated our Space Use policies in August 2016 and simplified our fee schedule. You can view the information here.
Contact us for information about
- How to apply to use Ralph Thornton Centre space
- Our fees for renting space
- If you aren’t sure which type of use your event fits into.