SPACE AVAILABLE FOR COMMUNITY USE AT RALPH THORNTON CENTRE
What space is available for community or private use at the Ralph Thornton Centre?
The Ralph Thornton Centre (RTC) is a community resource operated for the benefit of the whole community within the catchment area. We make some RTC rooms and equipment available to the community as part of our mission to be a place where “neighbours meet, enjoy programs, exchange support and celebrate special events”, and in keeping with our vision “to be a cornerstone of the neighbourhood that brings together diverse communities”.
The space available for community use is:
1. The Auditorium: (capacity 150 people, standing 130 with alcohol) suitable for large meetings, exercise programs, social events, and small theatrical events.
2. Program space: We have space suitable for various community programs – educational, social, cultural, exercise etc. Please contact us for details.
3. Meeting space: We have space suitable for small and large meetings. Please contact us for details.
Ralph Thornton Centre is open for community use seven days a week, except public holidays.
Space is generally available for use Monday – Friday 9.00 a.m. – 9.00 p.m.
Saturday 9:30 am -9:00 pm and Sunday 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
You can usually make arrangements to use the space outside these hours. Please ask for details when you apply for space.
Who can apply to use space?
You can apply as an individual or on behalf of a group or business.
You can apply to use space for a one-off event, or for an event (or program, or meeting) that takes place regularly over a period of time.
Space is available on a first come, first served basis.
What does it cost?
- You may book space free of charge for events that are free to attend, open to people living in the Ralph Thornton Centre catchment area, and benefit or contribute to the local community. (Examples: a free yoga class; a social club for seniors).
- We charge a fee for using space if
Residents of the Ralph Thornton Centre catchment area may not attend
You charge a fee for entry or registration to your event
Only invited people may attend
You’re using the space for business purposes.
Contact us for information about
- How to apply to use Ralph Thornton Centre space
- Our fees for renting space
- If you aren’t sure which type of use your event fits into.