Looking to make a contribution to our community?
The Ralph Thornton Community Centre is seeking candidates for its Board of Management! RTCC is a gathering place that welcomes, connects and engages the community in all its diversity. The board is responsible for the overall management, operation and maintenance of the Centre.
We especially encourage candidates with interest and/or experience in fundraising, marketing, evaluation, financial stewardship or community engagement. Familiarity with Chinese cultures and languages and/or marginalized communities are an asset.
Six two-year terms are currently available.
The board is friendly, accessible and consensual, and promotes building the capacities of its members and the community.
Are you interested in:
- Making a difference in our community?
- Encouraging equity, diversity and accessibility?
- Representing diverse aspects of our community and the larger city?
- Conscientiously contributing your time & energy?
- Bringing integrity, dependability, skills and fresh ideas to the board and its committees?
Board members commit to:
- Becoming an RTCC member (cost $10 or less per year);
- Serving for a two-year term;
- Participating on committees and working groups in addition to the Board;
- Spending 10 – 12 hours a month on the Board & two committee meetings plus related activities.
Board and committee meetings are conducted in English.
Prospective candidates will:
- Complete the short application form found here and submit it by June 30, 2021;
- Email completed application to email@example.com
- Learn about the history of the Ralph Thornton Community Centre here;
- Be interviewed by the Nominations Sub-committee members;
- Attend an RTCC Board meeting as an observer to become familiar with our process.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you are interested but don’t have the 10 – 12 hours a month needed to be a Board member, consider joining an RTCC Committee. For more information please contact John Campey, Executive Director, RTCC at 416-392-6810 ext. 227 or firstname.lastname@example.org