RALPH THORNTON COMMUNITY CENTRE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED AND SPACE RENTAL IS UNAVAILABLE. WE ANTICIPATE REOPENING JANUARY 17, 2022.
The Ralph Thornton Community Centre offers a variety of spaces that can be used by the public to suit most needs.
The Mulit-Purpose Room is suitable for workshops, meetings, dance rehearsals, and low-impact exercise and activities.
- 84 square metres (896 square feet)
- Capacity of 22 people (Public Health Guidelines)
Our largest space, the Riverdale Auditorium can accommodate large meetings and events. The room features a retractable projection screen, sound system, and direct access to the Betsy Swift Community Kitchen.
- 178 square metres (1,920 square feet)
- Capacity of 40 people (Public Health Guidelines)
- Two retractable room dividers can transform the auditorium into three smaller rooms (North, Centre, and South)
Betsy Swift Community Kitchen (Currently unavailable)
The Betsy Swift Community Kitchen is suitable for preparing light refreshments, full meals, and cooking demonstrations and classes. The room also includes a table that seats eight.
- Commercial grade sanitizing dishwasher
- Convection oven
- Four burner range (electric)
- Assortment of pots, pans, dishes, and flatware
Community Meeting Room (Currently Unavailable)
The Community Meeting Room is suitable for small meetings and presentations.
- 14 square metres (150 square feet)
- Capacity of 10 people
- Speakerphone (local calls only)
The Foundation Room is suitable for both quiet meetings and functions that need to be loud and child-friendly.
- 110 square metres (1,180 square feet)
- Capacity of 14 people (Public Health Guidelines)
- Sink, kettle, and coffee maker
- Access to the Computer Lab
Computer Lab (Currently Unavailable)
The Computer Lab offers a private space that is suitable for computer workshops or group computer work.
- 9 computers with Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2013, and Photoshop C56
- Internet access