At its recent meeting, the Ralph Thornton Community Centre Board of Management approved a revised Space Booking Policy and Procedures. This document provides the framework for user groups, both big and small, to rent space for events. This document is reviewed by the Board every two years.
While most of the changes are of a routine housekeeping nature, such as removing conflicting or outdated clauses, several new pieces have been added. Among the changes:
- A formal set of guidelines for regular users wishing to store their program materials at the Centre;
- Clarifying the process and deadline for users who wish to serve alcohol at an event;
- Clarifying when fees are charged and for what level of activity in the kitchen;
- Setting the requirement for groups using the kitchen to fully clean the dinnerware and cooking implements following an event;
- Clarifying that RTCC staff are responsible for basic set up and tear down of a space for an event; and,
- Setting fee penalties for when spaces are left in a disorderly state, such as leaving dishes dirty, garbage outside of receptacles, abandoned decorations, etc., as well as damage to RTCC property.
Although the fees for space bookings remain unchanged, a new fee schedule has been approved for making available to users certain RTCC materials and equipment, such as the Centre’s projectors and sound system.
Over the last year, the Centre has also invested in over 120 places settings of quality dinnerware, flatware, drinking glasses, mugs, and wine glasses, along with chafing dishes and table cloths. A reasonably priced fee schedule has been approved.
Visit our Additional Amenities page for details on these fees.
All new fees take effect for bookings after 31 October.
The full revised Policy and Procedures document is available HERE.